If you are scheduled for General Anesthesia or IV Sedation, it is important that you follow these instructions:
1. If you have any heart condition, chest congestion (this includes a cold), allergies, joint replacements, or any other serious illness or surgeries, please call this to our attention before the surgery.
2. Do not have anything to eat or drink for 6 hours prior to your appointment. In cases where your doctor wants you to take your daily medications or a premedication (i.e. antibiotics, anxiety, blood pressure, etc.) take them with a very small amount of water.
3. You must have a licensed driver available to bring you to your surgery appointment and remain in the office until your procedure is completed. Patients under the age of 18 must have a parent or legal guardian present.
4. Please brush your teeth and rinse out your mouth before your appointment. Cleansing your mouth will help avoid developing an infection. If you smoke, please stop smoking the day before surgery and at least for 24 hours after surgery.
5. Please bathe and do not use any lotions or perfumes before your appointment. We will need to apply adhesive electrodes to clean skin for patient monitoring during surgery.
6. Please remove nail polish, gel polish, acrylic, and false nails. We use monitors on the fingers and any type of coating can give inaccurate readings.
7. Please wear comfortable clothing. You should wear a short sleeved shirt, loose fitting long pants. Please avoid wearing shoes with high heels or flip flop sandals, and leave any jewelry at home.
8. Bring the most recent x-rays of the areas involved and any referral forms from your dental office. X-rays must be named, dated, and have tooth numbers or show right/left orientation. Please verify that your x-rays are available in our office the day before your scheduled appointment. If they are to be e-mailed please have them sent as a *.jpg or *.pdf file to: email@example.com
9. Please call 48 hours in advance to cancel or change an appointment.
If you are scheduled for Local Anesthesia, please brush your teeth before the appointment, wear comfortable clothing, and call us if you need to change your appointment.